Friday, January 22, 2010

Inching my way down...

Okay, small update.

I didn't officially start tracking my eating until the 19th...which I do through "The Daily Plate" at Livestrong.com.

This is an amazing resource...AMAZING. It has in its database almost anything you could think of eating and instantly plugs it in when you click on it and calculates how many fat grams you are eating, fiber, carbs, etc.

So. Cool.

I did weigh myself today...not expecting a loss at all, and found I was down .8 of a pound since Tuesday morning. Awesome! Really, I know it is small...but it is the right direction...and it hasn't even been a week.

I agreed to first make the change of journaling/tracking what I was eating for a week before I really focused what it was that I was putting in my mouth. Psychologically, it must have a small impact.

I would love to lose 2 pounds a week...consistently. That is what I am ultimately going for.

The weather here prohibits any sort of outside activity right now, so next week I intend to begin incorporating more focused food choices and some sort of activity 3 times a week. That is my small start...my baby steps. And it is all about what works for me at this point.

My first goal on the scale is truly just the 10 pound mark. I am on my way, but know that it will be slow. I have a cruise coming up in the fall...and I would love to drop 50 pounds by that time! I can SO do it! Really! Just watch!

I am writing this as if the whole world were cheering me on...whether you are or not...thank you for your kind thoughts, support, and prayers...please pray for me...for without prayer...this FAITH, is nothing!

Miss Faith

No comments:

Post a Comment